Thank you for your interest in working at CarShare Vermont! We are seeking an experienced and passionate Operations Manager. We offer a fun and creative environment, plenty of interesting and challenging work, and the opportunity to learn and lead within our organization. Working closely with CarShare Vermont’s staff and volunteer Board of Directors, the Operations Manager will help shape the future of our growing organization and the community we serve. This is a full-time position with a starting salary range of $35,000-$45,000, plus benefits.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of a 24/7 car-sharing service;
- Develop and document systems and policies that improve our effectiveness and enhance the CarShare Vermont member experience;
- Regularly analyze member and usage data to identify opportunities to increase efficiency, expand service, and inform marketing;
- Generate utilization and other reports to inform staff, board, and committee members, as well as grant funders;
- Lead rate analysis and adjustments;
- Oversee fleet turnover and acquisition process;
- Stay abreast of car-sharing hardware and software functionality, seek ways to enhance systems, and troubleshoot new issues;
- Serve as chief knowledge-base for fleet and member software;
- Maintain and develop relationships with parking providers, including the City, developers, businesses, and property managers;
- Support organizational events and contribute to grant supported projects as needed;
- Work to enhance the financial position and visibility of CarShare Vermont locally and regionally, including seeking opportunities to reduce costs;
- Participate in the long-term planning and operational development of CarShare Vermont;
- Participate in the on-call rotation, including regular weeknight and occasional weekend coverage;
- Help nurture an environment of fun, creativity, and sharing;
- Staff Operations committee and support committee chair; and
- Other duties and assignments as required.
- Passionate about and committed to CarShare Vermont’s mission;
- 3+ years of relevant operations and/or program management experience;
- Experience within the transportation, planning, environmental, and/or social entrepreneurship fields;
- Stellar interpersonal and communication skills;
- Commanding knowledge of Excel for data management and analysis;
- An aptitude for efficient trouble-shooting and thoughtful problem-solving;
- An ability to thrive while working on independent projects, on team efforts, and in a fast-paced, continuously evolving environment;
- A flexible attitude is a must, as well a willingness to pitch in with ALL aspects of our organization;
- Ability to attend occasional evening meetings and weekend outreach events;
- Due to the nature of our operations, the ideal candidate will live in the Burlington area (10 minute radius); and
- A good sense of humor and a propensity for fun are essential.
- Financial management experience and knowledge of basic accounting software;
- Grant writing and development experience; and
- Community involvement a plus.
CarShare Vermont is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on sex, race, color, religion, sexual identity, age, disability, or anything else.
Please email a resume and cover letter to CarShare Vermont Executive Director Annie Bourdon at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Operations Manager” in the subject line (no phone calls, please). Some applicants may be invited to participate in an interview, at which time they will be asked to submit additional application materials, such as references and a writing sample. This position will remain open until filled and has a preferred start date in mid to late June.
Sign up to receive our monthly newsletter,
Honk & Wave.
We won't spam you and you can opt out at any time.