Thank you for your interest in CarShare Vermont! We need a little help.
Weekend On-Call Assistant
CarShare Vermont provides 24/7 on-call service to assist our members when emergency situations arise outside of business hours. We are seeking a dependable, friendly, and detail-oriented individual to help us out with on-call service on weekends and holidays. A typical weekend shift begins Friday at 5pm and ends Monday at 9am and assistants are usually assigned about one weekend per month. Holiday shifts vary. An example of an “emergency situation” may be a member reporting an accident, a problem with a car, or an issue with a reservation. Members are not supposed to call the emergency line for non-emergencies—this helps keeps calls to a minimum. Typical call volume may range from zero to a handful of calls. For more details and information on how to apply, check out the complete job description below.
- Carry the “emergency” cell phone provided by CarShare Vermont and remain in cell range at all times;
- Stay local while on duty (15 minute radius of Burlington);
- Respond to members’ calls with a friendly demeanor and provide assistance as needed;
- Develop a keen understanding of how CarShare Vermont works and be able to troubleshoot;
- Utilize CarShare Vermont’s fleet and reservation management systems to resolve problems as needed;
- On rare occasions, it may be necessary to travel to the vehicle to resolve a problem in person; and
- Carefully document calls and actions taken to resolve issues.
- Ideal candidates will be undeniably dependable, professional, and have a knack for problem solving with ease.
- Experience with customer service preferred.
- Comfort learning and utilizing new software.
- Reliable access to a computer is a must (please note, you do not need to carry a computer with you at all times but be able to access one relatively quickly).
- For insurance purposes, eligible applicants must be at least 21 years old, have at least two years of driving history, and possess a clean driving record.
- Familiarity with our service a plus; ideal candidates are already CarShare Vermont members.
- Must be available to cover at least one holiday shift.
- Patience and a sense of humor a plus.
On-call assistants earn a stipend of $100 per shift, even when there are no calls. For holiday shifts, compensation is increased.
Please express your interest in being a superstar on-call assistant by emailing CarShare Vermont’s operations manager, Becca Van Dyke, at email@example.com. Please include your resume and explain why you would be a great fit for this position. Candidates may also be asked to provide references.
Sign up to receive our monthly newsletter,
Honk & Wave.
We won't spam you and you can opt out at any time.