Welcome to CarShare Vermont! This guide will cover the basics of how to make a reservation, take your first trip, and understand our invoicing process. As always, if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us at (802) 861-2340 or email@example.com. Happy sharing!
We have a mobile app that you can use for all of your reservation needs. To download go to the app store or play store and search for "FleetShare by INVERS". Type in "CVT" for the company ID and login using your CarShare Vermont username and password.
You can also reserve vehicles anytime from your computer or smartphone at reserve.carsharevt.org. Log into your account and select one of these two reservation options to get started.
When you’d like to see fleet-wide availability and/or book multi-day trips, select Reserve by Availability. First, choose your city and the total number of days you’d like to reserve. You can also choose a specific pod location to narrow your search. Next, select your preferred vehicle from the list and click on the green reservation board to indicate your start and end time. Adjust the date and time as needed in the pop up window and then click the Select button to advance to the next screen. Look over your reservation details before clicking the Confirm Reservation to book your trip.
Choose your city, location, and start and end time and hit the Search button to pull up all available vehicles. You can also select the vehicle type to narrow your search. Choose the vehicle you want, hit the Confirm Reservation button, and you’re ready to go!
You'll be off and running in a few easy steps.
1. Use your key fob to unlock the car. Hold your fob over the grey fob reader on the windshield. The lights will go from red to green and you’ll hear the vehicle unlock. Hop in!
2. Find the ignition key. Open the glove box and find the keypad terminal. Remove the ignition key from it and return the keypad to the glove box. You can now start your trip!
3. Take the vehicle’s key with you. Take the key with you when you make a stop, and use it to lock-up behind you. You’ll use this key throughout your trip to lock and unlock the car.
4. Return the key when you’re done. When you finish your trip, turn the vehicle off and insert the vehicle key’s black rounded fob back into the keypad in the glovebox to complete your trip.
5. Fob out to finish. Hold your fob over the grey fob reader to lock the car when you're done. Check the door handle to make sure it’s locked. You’re all done!
Want to extend? You can easily add time to your reservation from your smartphone using our app or mobile-friendly reservation site or by using the keypad in the glovebox. Press the button with the yellow circle on it and add as much time as you need. Wait for the confirmation to make sure your extension has been accepted. If you’re unable to extend, it means another member has a reservation after you.
Need gas? The gas card is in the keypad. When you’re ready to fuel-up, pull the card out of the keypad, swipe it at any gas pump, and enter both the Driver ID (noted on the fuel card) and current odometer reading at the pump when prompted. Fill up the tank and remember to return the gas card to the keypad.
At the end of each trip you’ll be billed for the full trip costs (total hours reserved & miles driven) in real time. You’ll receive a trip-by-trip invoice by email, which shows the total amount due based on the hours reserved and miles driven during that reservation. This will be charged to the card on file at the end of your trip. Please note that any driving related fees discovered after your trip ends (e.g. messy vehicle, low fuel, etc.) will be invoiced separately.
All billing is handled automatically using the credit or debit card on file. At any time you can update your payment information in My Account. To submit a payment for a bounced invoice, go to Billing Summary, click on the invoice and hit the "Repeat Payment" button. You can also call the office for assistance if needed. Please note that until payment is received, no additional reservations will be permitted.
If you have any specific questions regarding your account, please feel free to give us a shout at (802) 861-2340 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can see a list of our current fees and policies in our Member Handbook.