Before applying for CarShare Vermont membership, please carefully review our eligibility requirements below. This will save you time when submitting your application. If you have any specific questions, please feel free to contact us at (802) 861-2340 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re ready to join, click here.
Drivers who are 21 and over
If you’re 21 or over and can answer “yes” to all of the questions below, then you’re eligible for membership with CarShare Vermont.
Membership Eligibility Over 21
– Permanent State of Residence: This generally refers to the state you call home. If you just moved to Vermont, remember it’s Vermont law to acquire a VT license within 60 days of residency.
– Foreign Licenses: If you’re licensed in another country, we’ll need to see your home country’s license and a copy of your home country’s driving record. If your license is not in English, you will also need to have an international driving permit as well as a translated copy of your driving record.
If not, you’ll be asked to provide your previous license number(s) so we can search your prior driving records. If you’re not sure how to find your previous license number(s), try these options:
– Check with your previous insurer
– DMV online (usually a $10 processing fee)
– Ask previous employers
If you've had any suspensions within the past two years, you may not meet this requirement. Feel free to contact us to ask.
If you haven’t had a driver’s license for at least two consecutive years, you are not eligible for membership at this time.
If you have any of the following major moving violations on your record, we cannot accept you as a member at this time:
– Driving while Suspended/Revoked and/or Invalid License
– Vehicular manslaughter
– Excessive speeding
– Excessive disregard for red lights/stop signs
– Reckless driving
– Leaving the scene of an accident
Drivers who are under 21
If you’re under 21, you can still join us but please see the additional requirements below.
Membership Eligibility Under 21
If no, please apply when you have met this requirement. Although a permit doesn’t count, a junior license does.
If yes, please note that we will carefully review our under-21 applicants and prefer a spotless driving record. Feel free to contact us with questions.
This document must be signed by you and your parent or guardian, who will act as a cosigner on your account. If you cannot provide a cosigner on your account, please wait until you’re 21 to apply. Click here to find our Young Driver Membership Agreement.