CarShare Vermont members who participate in our MobilityShare program receive reduced driving rates with no application or membership fees for one year. You can use cars by the hour or by the day, depending on your needs. All driving rates include gas and insurance.
|$0 annual fee|
|$3.50 per hour + 30¢ per mile
OR $45 for the day (24 hours) & 125 included miles per reservation
*30¢ per mile above 125
- The pickup truck is $1 more per hour and $10 more per day.
- Up to 2 individuals can share one account; both drivers must submit applications and meet our program eligibility (see below) and basic driving requirements.
The MobilityShare program is available to income-qualifying individuals and families who meet the following requirements:
- You are at least 21 years old.
- You have a valid driver’s license with at least two consecutive years of driving history (no suspensions) and a clean record.
- Your household income does not exceed 60% of medium income in Chittenden County (we can help you determine this).
- You complete a free class of your choice and credit review offered by the Champlain Valley Office of Economic Opportunity’s Financial Future’s Program.
- You have a credit or debit card for payment (if you do not have a credit or debit card, we can help you attain one).
If you’d like to join CarShare Vermont’s MobilityShare program, please call Alicia Taylor at 802-861-2340. She’ll help you determine if you’re eligible for this program and get you going!
We take care of the hassles of owning a car so you don’t have to. Membership includes:
Gas There’s a gas card in every car, fill up on us.
Insurance You and your passengers are covered by premium auto insurance.
Parking You’ll have a dedicated parking spot at the end of every trip.
Roadside assistance If you break down, our emergency service will help you 24/7.
Ways to carry your stuff Many of our cars have bike and ski racks; and when you need more cargo space, borrow our truck.
Member perks Being a CarShare Vermont member comes with a lot of discounts.