Deductible Waiver Program
We’ve got you covered.
All CarShare Vermont members are covered by our auto insurance policy, which provides $1 million in combined comprehensive and collision coverage. The policy has a $500 deductible, which a member could be responsible for paying in the event of an at-fault accident. The Deductible Waiver Program offers members the option to reduce the deductible from $500 to $0. It offers you a little more peace of mind and can potentially save you a lot of money. This program is OPTIONAL.
What Does it Cost and How Do You Sign Up?
- Annual Option -$45 per year per driver. Covers one incident per year. As a new member you can enroll in the Annual option during the application, as an existing member you can enroll in the Annual option from your “My Account” page after logging in to the reservation site.
- Hourly Option – $1 per hour of reserved time with a maximum of $10/day. Covers one incident per reservation. You can choose this option, if you wish to do so, when making a reservation (this option is not automatically selected when you make a reservation).
Some things to keep in mind:
- You must report any damage that occurs during your reservation immediately by calling the CarShare Vermont Emergency Line at 802-999-2006;
- To be eligible you must remain a member in good standing by not violating the Member Handbook and be current on all driving estimate payments and/or monthly invoice payments;
- A member is not purchasing, nor is CarShare Vermont selling, insurance through this agreement;
- Only the Account Authority can enroll in the Annual Deductible Waiver Program;
- Enrollment in the Annual Deductible Waiver Program applies to all drivers on an account, there is a $45 charge for each driver.
- The Hourly Option is also available to a member who has already used their once per year benefit while enrolled in the Annual Option.
What is NOT covered by the Deductible Waiver?
- Unreported Damage to a CarShare Vermont vehicle or another party’s vehicle;
- Damage caused to a vehicle when a CarShare Vermont driver fails to stop and properly report an accident (hit and run);
- Members whose account is not up to date or who have an overdue payment;
- Members who falsify or provide misleading information to CarShare Vermont staff investigating damage to a CarShare Vermont vehicle;
- Damage that occurs prior to signing up for the Program;
- Intentional damage to a vehicle by a member;
- Fees or Penalties you incur according to the Member Handbook
- Any violation of the Member Handbook