A CarShare Vermont business membership is a win-win for employers and employees. It’s an economical and convenient alternative to reimbursing for mileage (see our cost comparison) or renting cars. And by giving employees access to our shared fleet for their work travel needs, they can ditch their personal cars at home and choose other, healthier ways to commute.
Our BusinessShare Plan is a month-to-month option for organizations of all sizes.
|Monthly membership fee
$20 to $40 monthly membership fee, depending on the size of your business*
$5.50 per hour + 30¢ per mile
OR $65 per day (24 hours) & 125 included miles per reservation
30¢ per mile above 125
$30 per driver (one-time)
* Up to 10 employees: $20 monthly fee per business
11 to 40 employees: $30 monthly fee per business
41 or more: $40 monthly fee per business
- The pickup truck is $1 more per hour and $10 more per day.
Want to save even more?
In our quest to get employers and their employees hooked on car-sharing, we offer generous incentives to businesses that prepay for a year-long membership. This payment option rewards our frequent business users and offers incentive to others to get on board! Here’s how it works.
You prepay $2,500 for 12 months (the equivalent of about $200 a month) and we’ll throw in an extra $500 in FREE driving credits to be used throughout the year!
You prepay $5,000, and in addition to all that free driving, you get the royal treatment – we’ll recognize you as a business sponsor on our website and in our newsletter.
Please call our Executive Director, Annie Bourdon, at (802) 861-2340 to learn more about business partnership opportunities or to get signed up on an advantage pre-pay plan.
Looking to give your employees a great benefit?
Some of our business members actually don’t need to use our service for work because they rarely have travel needs that require a car (yea for them!). Instead, they offer CarShare Vermont memberships to their employees as part of their benefits packages. We offer discounts to employees of these smart businesses so they’re doubly rewarded. For as little as $30 per employee (that’s a one-time fee), you, too, can become very popular.
We realize we’re presenting you with a lot of options for utilizing CarShare Vermont. The bottom line is that we’re flexible and we want to help you meet your goals. Call us anytime at 802-861-2340 to discuss any of our business membership options or share your ideas.
We take care of the hassles of owning a car so you don’t have to.
BusinessShare plans include:
- Gas: There’s a gas card in every car, fill up on us.
- Insurance: Your employee drivers are covered by premium auto insurance.
- Parking: You’ll have a dedicated parking spot at the end of every trip.
- Roadside assistance: If you break down, our emergency service will help you 24/7.
- Ways to carry your stuff: Many of our cars have bike and ski racks; and when you need more cargo space, borrow Tammy the Tacoma truck.
- Lots of availability: There are plenty of vehicles to go around; getting a car when you need one is easy.
- Free personal membership for employees: Employees can set up a personal membership with no additional sign up fees. This way they can share at work and at home.
- Member perks: Being a CarShare Vermont member comes with a lot of discounts.
Our experience as a CarShare Vermont business user has only been positive. The cost is on par with what we reimburse for mileage, and employees aren’t having to put wear and tear on their own family chariots. Plus, you can take the bus or walk to work and always have a car at the ready for out of office meetings.”
– David Speidel, Place Creative Company